Be Sure to check out our new Cooking Blog!! The link is in the column on the right.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lake Trip!

So, normally after a little “pause” like this in blog-writing, one apologizes and promises to write more often, and typically sets goals that were unable to reach in recent times. This is not the case. Things have been busy, therefore, the blog(s) have not been taken care of lately. But, instead of focusing on that, let’s rejoice in the wonderfulness of the Lake Trip.

Gather ‘round children, and I shall regale you with stories from Smith Mountain Lake. Or…. something.

We recently went for our yearly vacation with the Oliver family at Smith Mountain Lake… now, I’m not a huge fan of the outdoors… I really don’t like swimming pools or the ocean… but I loves me some lake.

Especially since we got to hang out with Nat and Erin’s little baby Gus. Nat is father of the year by the way… as evidenced by his shirt.

IMG_2946

and by giving Gus some beer… (kidding)

IMG_2948

Sunday evening, we decided to pull out some sparklers that Virginia had saved and take some pictures….

Nat draws a puppy dog..

IMG_2989

Then flowers…

IMG_2991

And did some bouncing around the yard….

IMG_2993

Martha drew a rainbow….

IMG_2992

and Pac-Man being chased by ghosts…

IMG_2985

Will made a shiny new camera….

IMG_2994

Virginia did some neo-expressionist artwork…

IMG_2986

It was a gorgeous night to be out playing around with sparklers….

IMG_2997

and the days weren’t too shabby either….

IMG_3011

Once again, we had a wonderful time at the lake house.. I just wish we could have spent more time there… however, this whole “working” thing keeps getting in the way of me having fun….

More to follow soon hopefully… I haven’t been using my camera nearly as much as I’d like to… so.. maybe I’ll just throw together a post here and there with nothing but pictures…

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

wow, those are amazing!