Be Sure to check out our new Cooking Blog!! The link is in the column on the right.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Virginia goes to the beach.

While Aaron was hard at work in Boone, I got to go to the beach with my family. Now, don’t feel too bad for Aaron. He was invited to come, but he doesn’t really enjoy the beach, especially the way the Pages do it which is without central air.

I don’t have too many pictures from the trip because I was only there for four days, and while we did have a great time there, my memories are a bit tarnished by the fact that I totaled our Honda CRV on the way back. I’m fine and thankfully no other cars were involved. The Honda was a valiant car and protected me from all harm, but it was still quite traumatic.

Luckily Aaron was around to come pick me up in Greensboro (it happened on I40 west). And also our insurance kicked in, but I still feel really bad. I just took my attention off the road for one second to try to block the sun and a swerved into the median. No fun.

So enough about that! Here are some pictures from the beach.

Martha and dad. I’m not sure why he looks so confused in this pic.

Silly one of me running out to rescue the car from the rain.

IMG_0704

Me and mom, and of course me and M (who had to fly down from Minneapolis).

IMG_0708

No comments: