Be Sure to check out our new Cooking Blog!! The link is in the column on the right.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bridal Shower in Lexington

No motorcycles this week. Sorry. Instead Aaron and I headed home to Lexington. We got our marriage license (!), met with the florist, met with the pianist for the church service, and I got to go to an awesome bridal shower that my sister hosted for me.

The theme of the shower was a "dress-up" tea party. We requested that the guests come wearing something from the back of their closet that they thought they might never wear again. Old bridesmaid dresses, or fabulous shoes that you bought, but then never had a place to wear, etc.

It was fun to see what people came up with. Everyone was very creative and stylish too, I might add.
A special shout-out to our prize winners: Jennifer Wells for her studded leather pants, LuAnn Balfrey for her see-through blouse and fringed leather vest, and Betty Goad for her vintage trousseau dress. The Trovato family also got into the spirit of the day.


And of course, a very big thank-you to my Mom and my sister for hosting such a wonderful party. A great time was had by all! Note my nifty sash. Martha made that! I think I might wear it to the rehearsal dinner, because it is so awesome.


Also, thanks to Claudia Schwab for taking pictures!

1 comment:

teaberry said...

HA. i remember that dress. i think mine is in tucson, but i think i broke it...