Be Sure to check out our new Cooking Blog!! The link is in the column on the right.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Long Overdue Posts

Yeah yeah yeah. I’ve done a rather poor job of keeping the blog updated for the past…few months or so. So, below will be a big update… we’ve done some fun stuff, but mostly, it’s just been winter in Boone. So, it’s been cold, it’s been windy, it’s been snowing. That’s just how it is here. Let me tell you how happy Virginia has been… but, the warm weather is starting to slowly poke its head out (as long as you disregard the snow that’s supposed to happen next Monday and Tuesday)

So, other than that, I’ve been busy with school, Virginia has been very busy with school and work. Virginia and I have been working on wedding plans also! Things are starting to shape up there, but I’ll let Virginia get on here to decide what she wants to tell people, and what will stay a secret until the big day.

and… we got a new TV!

It’s a big glorious monster. Virginia didn’t really like it at first, but when she watched “The Office” in HD and Jim was life sized… I think she warmed up to it.

Also, I don’t have pictures, but we went down to Charlotte for a Wedding Registry Party at Crate and Barrel… That was a rather interesting experience. We walked in the door, and they had the place closed down, except for the special couples (like us!) that registered in advance. They gave us a bar code scanner, and set us loose in the store. So, if you happen to wander over to the Crate and Barrel website, you can see the result of what happens when you let us loose with a barcode scanner. In our defense, they influenced our decisions by giving us … I can’t think if the name… those drinks with champagne and OJ… Mimosas. That’s it. They gave us Mimosas and food and let us go wild around the store. After the festivities there, we decided to explore Charlotte a bit, we went to two humongous malls, a horrible little restaurant downtown, and I got a new pair of shoes. So, all in all, a very successful trip.

Things back in Virginia have been a bit rough. My Great-Grandmother died. My Grandpop Trovato fell down the stairs, and subsequently was in the hospital for a month. Dad got a new job. Rachel is leaving Virginia Beach, heading down to my neck of the woods. Soon, she’ll be living in Charlotte. Now… On to the updates!

1 comment:

Donna Lash said...

Aaron--- I love your blog! Thank you for keeping up and showing your "cute" and "sensitive" side! Love, Aunt Donna