Be Sure to check out our new Cooking Blog!! The link is in the column on the right.

Monday, December 1, 2008

We got engaged!

So, here is the story according to me (Virginia):

We got back from Thanksgiving, which was a 5 hour drive that should only take 3.5, so I was tired and grumpy and I just wanted to get in my PJ's and lay around the house. But it was around dinner time so Aaron was all energetic and wanted to go out and get steaks to make bourbon steaks.

I said that I wasn't hungry, but I might  be later. So he went ahead to the store without me. I put on my comfiest must hole-filled PJ's and my socks that look like dead Muppets, and proceeded to vegetate.

When Aaron got back from the store he was all happy, even though he didn't get steaks he found some scallops and wrapped them in bacon. We both love pretty much anything wrapped in bacon, so I was excited. He also got my favorite wine, and baby asparagus, and some sushi for appetizer.

So, I was a little surprised and did ask him why all the fancy food, but Aaron loves making fancy food, so I wasn't too suspicious. Plus, he was acting really relaxed, and usually when he's trying to surprise me he gets more jumpy.

After dinner he reached into a kitchen cupboard and pulled out a bunch of red roses. So NOW, I was kind of suspicious. I mean, a nice meal is one thing, but roses.... for no reason...

So this is the part where I made a giant fool of myself. As, we are cleaning the plates I notice that there is a black velvet bag on the back of one of the chairs. So I'm thinking, "hum, jewelry comes in black velvet bags..."

So I ask, "What's this?!?" And Aaron of course is like, "Why don't  you open it and find out."

Well, I did and it was..... dice. Because we had played a dice game like two weeks ago, and I had forgotten that the dice were also in a black velvet bag.

So Aaron's laughing his butt off. He's like "Ha. ha, is someone expecting something?!?"

Then he paused, and was like, "But if I were going to propose, I'd do this...."

And he got down on one knee and pulled a box out of his pocket.

Of course now, I'm all suspicious. "Are you serious. Is that real??? Are you really serious?"

And he said, "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" There may have been more, it's all kind of a blur. And, of course, I said yes.



And my ring is beautiful. It's a Jennifer Wells original with a princess cut center diamond surrounded by rubies which are both Aaron and my birthstone.






We haven't made any plans yet, but thanks to everyone who has already set their nice words and congratulations. We'll keep you posted.


3 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations! What a great story. I laughed out loud and read the whole thing to Michael. (He loves when I do that. Okay, maybe not.) I'm so excited for you both!

Love,
Allison

Virginia said...

Maria wanted me to add that the ring is white gold, even though it looks gold, gold in this picture.

(She got to see it in person this past weekend.)

Donna Lash said...

Hi Aaron and Virginia--- The ring is beautiful----I am enjoying your blog and all the stories very much! Love, Aunt Donna