Be Sure to check out our new Cooking Blog!! The link is in the column on the right.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trip to Damascus!

So... last week, we were planning on making this trip up to Damascus, to walk around, but the car wasn't cooperating. So... I fixed the car yesterday... and the trips happened today. Full Album here : Linky!

I'm debating on whether or not to tell the story of the car... it has a happy ending... but it got me rather upset during the process.... we'll see later on..

C'Mon ride that Train!! Virginia hops on a train sitting at an entrance to the Virginia Creeper trail in Damascus. She looks like she's having a good time!!



This little squirrel was hard to catch on the camera. We were walking across a bridge, and I heard this little guy eating... So, after looking around for a bit, I tracked him down... but he was right in the sun.. and I really couldn't get a very clear shot.. 



Crappy lawnmower + old barn style shed + good lighting and color = artistic shot.... I Like how it came out...



This was the scene at the Shady Valley Country Store... we stopped there, had a BBQ sandwich... Virginia almost bought some chaps... but they were fake leather... so... we passed on those.. but the BBQ was good...



Some of the leaves are still looking gorgeous.... I really like some of the shots I got today... make sure to look at the full album... and let me know what y'all think!!

2 comments:

Josh Silvey said...

Did you guys eat at that Italian place? I was thinking of trying it out sometime.

Unknown said...

nah... didn't make it there that trip... we had stopped in Shady for BBQ sandwiches... and some deep fried broccoli bites...