Be Sure to check out our new Cooking Blog!! The link is in the column on the right.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

That time of year again.

Well. As I said above, it's that time of year again. School started up Tuesday the 26th. So, now I'm spending the vast majority of my available riding time stuck in classrooms. The week got off to a lovely start by raining monday, tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. Once that all stopped, the weather returned to normal Boone August weather.... A blistering 70 degrees with a perfectly blue clear sky.

Classes so far are going well. There was a little scare on tuesday night, as the powers that be decided to switch around the classes needed for my major. So, I had to go talk to my counselor and see what classes would transfer and whatnot... it appears that I'm still in good shape academically, and on schedule to graduate in 4 years (Total). So... that's good.

I'm taking some interesting classes this semester; My 3d Solid Modeling class is going to be a good time. In that class, we have a 3d Scanner, so for instance, you can put a coffee cup into the scanning box, and it'll laser-scan the cup into a 3d image which we can then import into our 3d modeling program (Rhino3d 4.0) To complement the 3d scanner, we also have a 3d printer. Yes. A 3D printer. We can create a 3D object in Rhino, and print it out on this machine. It uses thin layers of a plastic material as ink and can print objects from Rhino (or other programs). As an example, the teacher printed out a spiral staircase, and some other 3d shapes. It's pretty dang awesome.

Also, I'm taking Physics, City and Town Planning, Accounting (Part of a business Minor), and The History of Rock and Roll (Where we'll be studying Led Zeppelin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, et. al. So, all in all, I'm taking some pretty awesome classes, and it should be a rather fun semester.

No comments: